Granite is a very popular material for hard-wearing, stylish kitchen worktops. If you are considering buying a granite worktop then here are some fun facts about granite. Please revisit this page as it will be updated as we discover more facts for you to read.
6 Facts About Granite Formation
- Granite is completely natural and was made over billions of years ago from cooled molten magma.
- Granite is the main component that makes up the earth’s continental crust.
- Granite is an igneous rock with at least 20% quartz and up to 65% alkali feldspar.
- Granites can be predominantly white, pink, or grey in colour, depending on their mineralogy.
- Granite is one of the hardest substances in the world, second only to diamonds.
- The melting point of granite is 2210 degreed F 1210 Celsius.
If you’d like to know more, call us today and speak to one of our experts.